Why use generators when you can use Solar power.

What is solar power?

This is the conversion of the energy from the sun to usable electricity

How does it work?

It utilizes photovoltaic cells to convert sunlight into electricity. The photovoltaic cell utilizes a semi-conductor to absorb the radiation from the sun. After the absorption of this radiation, the solar power emits electrons which is then harnessed as electricity. 

NB: A photovoltaic cell (PV cell) is a specialized semiconductor diode that converts visible light into direct current (DC).

Advantages of Solar Power
  • It is a renewable source of energy i.e. daily renewal of energy.
  • It is a sustainable for energy consumption.
  • It can be used to generate electricity.
  • It is used in heating water with a relatively simple technology. 
  • It reduces expenditure required to generate light (e.g. fuel)
NB: Solar panels are a silent producer of energy and therefore require maintenance.

Disadvantages of Solar Power
  • Solar power cannot be created at night. 
  • There is a reduction in the energy produced during the cloudy days
  • The solar panels can be a substantial initial investment, however, after the initial cost is incurred, they create free energy for use. 



2 comments:

  1. Oh my God! You have hit the best chord in my symphony. I just connected here from your linked in account and here I am in the middle of solar energy which happens to be my business specialization. Please let me have your Whatsapp number so we can talk about some prospects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God! You have hit the best chord in my symphony. I just connected here from your linked in account and here I am in the middle of solar energy which happens to be my business specialization. Please let me have your Whatsapp number so we can talk about some prospects.

    ReplyDelete